Smart Home - Wireless & Safety Home
Everyone knows what the concept of "Smart Home" implies. Typically this concept includes control over climate, home security, lighting, power and household devices. We think that at this point of time technologies "Smart Home" reached their logical limit. Further development is possible in terms of integrating elements of network infrastructure directly into the structural elements of buildings during their manufacture or assembly. These elements may be: walls, slabs, windows, doors, columns, boundary constructions etc. New opportunities, previously inaccessible, will appear. It is not only about how to "hide" the wires in the walls. The idea is a new ideology of building of the information space of a house, the structural elements of the building acting as the network elements.
Wide use of existing technology Wireless Power (based on inductive power transmission) in everyday life is difficult, in my opinion, for 2 reasons:
- Limitation of the distance between the source and receiver (< 1m).
- Greater risk of adverse influence of high levels of electromagnetic induction. (None of us wants to live in a microwave ).
To solve these problems I suggest the following design:
- Many Power Sources are integrated in a network and are installed in the building envelope space (walls, ceiling, floor).
- The room is equipped with the LPS (Local Position System). It monitors the position and movement of the receivers of energy, as well as people and animals.
- The Intelligent Information System manages the Network of Power Source. It is able to control every Power Source separately (switching on, off, change the power amplitude, phase). Management is performed based on the data obtained from the LPS.
This design allows:
- To switch not all the Power Sources on, but only the necessary ones, which are at an optimal distance from the receiver of energy. The wall TV gets its power from the Power Source built in the wall. Ceiling lamp - from one of its nearest ceiling source of energy.
- When the power receiver moves (e.g. a vacuum cleaner), LPS will monitor its location and, accordingly, switch on and off the necessary sources of energy.
- The system tracks the movement of people and animals and, if necessary, reduces the power or switches off certain power sources to avoid the risk of harmful effects of electromagnetic induction on living beings.
- All used electric appliances will become really wireless. The information signals and the required energy will be transmitted safely.
- The absence of wires will substantially alter the house design. Mobile lightings will appear, which can work anywhere are able to follow the consumer
- There will be a new type of furniture equipped with an integrated system of energy transfer from "surface to surface". Example: a laptop lying on the table receives power from its surface. The system of power transfer built-in the table transmits it to the notebook from the nearest power source embedded in the floor or wall.
- The symbiosis of 2 systems Wireless Power & Local Position System will provide a huge incentive for the development of home robotics.
A network combining sensors of temperature, pressure, displacement, deformation is embedded into the building envelope construction. The Intelligent Information System analyzes the information coming from the building sensors, and in accordance with the selected algorithm sends signals to the execution units to ensure maximum possible security.
This will allow:
- to conduct rapid diagnosis of the structure conditions without using destructive methods of control.
- to use information from the sensors for the intellectual (pointed) heating of the soil around the foundation in order to avoid deformation of the structure because of the frost heave. This will reduce the cost of foundation construction.
- In case of fire, earthquake, hurricane sensors give accurate information about the condition of the building. Information can be used to ensure the safety of inhabitants.
- In case of fire - a signal is emitted for a controlled and secure destruction of certain walls, to ensure the evacuation of people and access for the firemen.
- In case of an earthquake and slabs destruction the activation of airbags will be invoked that could temporarily hold the ceiling and give inhabitants time to leave the building.
- A hurricane brings a risk of the roof demolition. In this case a signal to the squib will be generated to trigger hurricane straps, which, being fixated at the ground anchors, prevent the roof and the whole structure from being destroyed.
- In case of a gas explosion in a house a signal to the squibs to ease windows fixtures will be emitted, which would lead to the withdrawal of the shock wave from the building through windows and prevent the house from destruction and human casualties.