Optional climatic control module
Producers guarantee the smooth performance of their equipment under certain environment conditions and in particular in a certain temperature range. Consumers install the equipment in special rooms with air conditioning and heat regulation systems to achieve the specified temperature regime.
This is not optimal in many cases because:
- Different types of equipment work in different temperature ranges.
- Cooling/heating the room itself is often a waste of energy.
In these cases it would be more preferable to provide a specified temperature range for each device individually.
At the present time there are inexpensive cooling/heating technologies, that don't take much space and have little weight.
We suggest developing a special module that:
- can be optionally installed in the equipment (switches, routers, servers, etc.).
- provides the needed temperature conditions (climate control), can cool or heat.
- can be combined with other external modules for better heat transfer, if necessary.
The application of this module will allow deploying network equipment in places where other means of ensuring of the environment conditions are too expensive or impossible to use.